Dear Ky-An,
Happy birthday my sweet little boy. I can't believe you are two already! Time has flown by so fast and it has been such a joy the last two years. My heart jump with happiness whenever I see you smile. I just love cuddling up with you each night and sing you to sleep. Every night before I go to bed, I just lay there watching you sleep peacefully. I am so bless to have such a sweet son who is so affectionate and listens to his parents. You are such a great sharer and I am so proud whenever you share toys and food with your little friends. You are so loving towards your little sister, cousins, and family. No wonder everyone just adores you to death.
This past year you never cease to amaze me of all the things you accomplished and how quickly you learn things. Your vocabulary grew rapidly as well as your mobility. Last year you couldn't even walk yet and this year you are already jumping, running, and walking backward. Everyone just loves your galloping run and how you concentrate so hard before you jump. You just bring laughter to everyone who is around you. Your dad and I just love hearing you talk and how you try to communicate with us. I respect that you are your own little person now and always try to acknowledge your emotions when you are upset. I think that helps tone down your tantrums and I don't see much of the terrible twos everyone is talking about.
I cherish all the time I get to spend with you, how little it may be now that your sister is here. I love watching you sing to your Little Einstein show. I love our little ritual every morning where I go to the study to pump and you sat on your dad's computer to watch Little Einsteins. It's the only thing that gets me up from an exhausting night with your sister. I love coming home to your little excited face running up and hug me tight. Just seeing that face melts all my exhaustion from work away.
I am just so so proud of how you handle mom and dad bringing Ai-Vy home. You rarely show any jealousy towards your sister even though I rarely see you the first few months. You just whine for me but never turn your frustration on your sister and I am so grateful for that. Even when I am holding your sister and you wanted me to hold you, you just come up and hug my leg or turn to daddy but never push your baby sister out of the way. You are truly a blessing.
You are so sweet sometimes that I worry other kids bullying you. Whenever we have cousins over or go somewhere, you always patiently wait for your turn on the toys. Even if other kids are not good sharer, you just stand by to watch and wait until they are done so you can play. Seeing you so kind like that really tugs at my heart. I really have to refrain myself from intervening so you learn to fight your own battles. Last week when we were at the Children's Museum and you try to climb into the pit with another child, he screamed "NO" and you quickly climbed back out. You then just stood outside and wait for him to be done without causing a scene. I saw that and I was so sad but proud at the same time. I wanted to run over and give you a huge hug and tell that boy to be a good sharer but you seem okay so I just let it go.
I wish that you will continue to be a happy, curious little boy who listens to mom and dad. I hope this next year will be more fun for your than the last and you get as many hugs and kisess from mom and dad as you want...and toys of course. :) Happy birthday sweetheart. I love you so much!
Your mom
2 comments:
Awww, Ky-An is two! Wow! Such a big boy now!
What a loving message to your son. He's going to treasure this one day, just as much as he treasures you now.
Post a Comment