Everyone is doing well. They both have a cold right now but they are very good about it. Ky-An just had his 2 years checkup and Ai-Vy had her 4 months. They both did very well on their shots. Ky-An got one and Ai-Vy had 3..poor thing. Ky-An cried only a little bit and Ai-Vy was good until her third shot. Poor thing just can't take it anymore. Hieu had to come to the doctor's visit to help me to handle both kids. Ky-An is now 30lbs 12 oz (75%) and 35" (75%) tall. For fun, the doctor double his height and said he'll probably be about 5'10 when he grows up. Hieu and I are happy if he gets to be that tall because Hieu is only 5'8.
Ai-Vy is 16lbs 12 oz (95%) and 25.5" (90%) long. She is still trying to catch up to big brother because he's at 19 pounds at this point. Ai-Vy drinks 7 7-oz bottles per day and I only pump about 5 bottles maximum. I have to supplement formula for her at night. She's been waking up about once a night to drink her milk. Sometimes she won't go back to sleep right away and I'd have to be up with her but most nights she's really good. Most days she come home tired and sleeping so we don't get to spend much time playing with her.
Ky-An:
- Today as I put him in the carseat, I bumped my head on the dvd player. I pretend it hurt and starts pouting going "ow, owie". Ky-An looked at me, smile and asked "you okay". I smiled and said yes still rubbing my head. He grabbed my hand and give it a kiss. If I was really hurt, it would've melt all the pain away. :)
- He just learned how to kiss with the kissing noise and loves doing it.
- He is so affectionate with his little sister. He would get so happy whenever he sees her and he'll touch her and kisses her. It's very sweet to see. Last night Hieu put Ai-Vy next to him on the bed. He picked her up and Ky-An goes "em dau rui?" meaning where is little sis?
- Mobility-wise, he can jump and walk backward.
- He can feed himself and loves doing it. However, he 's a very picky eater lately. He will mostly only eat meat and soup such as Pho.
- He can drink from a cup like a big boy.
- He can sing the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Row Row Row Your Boat.
- He can recognize shapes such as "sfare", "cir-kle", and "tri-ingle"
- He can recognize colors such as "oh-range", "wred", "yeah-low", "purple", and "gr-win".
- He can count 1-10 in English and Vietnamese..
- He can now put words together to form short sentences.
- His new obsession now is Thomas the Train and would be a zombie whenever we turn the dvd on for him.
Ai-Vy
- She likes to sit and if you lay her down, you'll keep hearing grunts of her picking up her head and try to sit up.
- She can recognize my voice and gets really happy whenever she sees me. Very cute.
- She is teething so she'll gnaw on anything, especially her chubby hands.
- She can be in the exersaucer now and would actually reach out to grab toys.
- She is just now discovering her feet.
- She is still a very difficult feeder and sleeper. I will have to give her the pacifier and swing/bounce her until she calms down. Then I yank out the pacifier really quick and replace it with the bottle. Only then will she settle down to go to sleep. I have to do it quickly like a magic trick or she'll have a tantrum.
No comments:
Post a Comment