This year's birthday is a no frills one and I don't feel like it's a big deal at all. Our life is too chaotic and I can't go out with my friends leaving Hieu alone at home with the kids. Hieu is still too sick to do anything special for me and we all know he would've done plenty. He did manage to go out during lunch to get me some flowers so it's very sweet of him. He ordered a nice pendant for me with our three kids' birthstones. It's beautiful and I love it.
My little sister came home in the weekend and we tried to go to this new Chinese restaurant but the wait was too long and they sat other people in front of us. On top of that, we see that even the people who were seate received no service so we decided to leave. I am glad we did because we went to a Korean buffet place and it was yummy. Hieu's mom and sister is so sweet. Not only did they call me to wish me a happy birthday, the sent presents beforehand. I am really touched.
I was disappointed when my parents and my other sister didn't call me at all nor any mention of my birthday. I was sad that my in-laws remember but my own family didn't. I mentioned this to my oldest sister telling her how upset I was. Of course she called my parents and let them know. They called me immediately afterward apologizing and said they mixed up the date and thought it was on the 16th. They really felt bad about it so I felt better. If they had been passe about the whole thing then I would have been more upset. All I want is a little "Happy Birthday" wish. :)
2 comments:
LOL I just had a birthday too, and I would be a bit hurt if my parents forgot too! lol Poor Hui, what is wrong, is he still sick?
And you deserve a birthday wish. I'm happy it all worked out. My mom forgot Jayden's 1st birthday and I thought I would keel over of hurt and disappointment.
Post a Comment