Monday, June 11, 2007

Swimming lesson

Ky-An had a dramatic experience swimming today. First of all, can I just say how frustrating it is that he's in class with all new babies and he's still the only one crying??!!! Okay on to the dramatic experience. Ky-An usually is okay with the slide that goes into the water. If we just put him on the top then he'll scoot himself down the slide into the water where I am waiting to catch him. Well we are suppose to do it 2 times and the first time I wasn't ready when Hieu put him on the slide so the poor boy went all the way to the bottom of the pool!!!! I freaked out but tried to stay calm as I reach down the water to grab him. I think I would have a panic attack if I couldn't feel him. In reality, it's about 5 seconds but it felt like several minutes for me. I think it was a much scarier experience for us and everyone around than for him. He came of the water just fine, like that's how it's suppose to be all the time and didn't fuss or seem scare. Of course the instructor has to be right there when that happened and she assured the other new parents "don't worry, you don't have to do that. He's just been here for a while."

The second time we put him on the slide we heard a loud "CRACK"!! My heart skip a beat because I thought for sure he had hit his head on the pool wall or something. Of course he came out wailing this time with everyone in class is looking at us and I felt like the worst mom ever. Hieu assure me he only hit the plastic slide and since it's hollow, it sounds worst than the bump really is. After thinking about it, I think Hieu may be right because Ky-An only cried for a few seconds (probably from being scare more than hurt) and I didn't feel nor see any bump afterward. Hieu doesn't know why he was laid back when he was sliding down causing the head bump. He usually never does that so we are not sure what happened. Maybe HE wasn't ready this time. I was afraid he may see the slide and get scare from now on so we put him on it a couple more times with me holding on to him the entire way. He fussed a little bit at first but I think he got over it.



An acual smile!




What a good boy...


Check it out..I am swimming!!


And another smile!!


I don't know what they are doing but I am sleepy..


I don't like this..water getting in my ears!


Noooo..don't let her take me away mom. Wahhh!!


End of class..yeah!!


I swam some more that late afternoon at home!!!


One..two..three..bubbles!!










2 comments:

Grace said...

Aside from bonking his poor head - I think Ky-An has come a long way from his earlier swimming lessons. I mean, look at him??? He's smiling and seems to be so relaxed when he's in the water with you!! That is so amazing!! These pictures are priceless!!

asiangard said...

Ky-An is so smart!!!
The pictures are really nice too.