I am so obssess about this whole couponing concept that I've been checking the hotcouponworld.com website all week and hardly did any work. Ooops. I was so excited when the weekend roll around that I asked Hieu to go out and get me a newspaper on Saturday so I can get started on my coupon clipping.
I was on the website relentlessly all week and got these great deals this week:
I went to CVS on Sunday and got a Colgate toothpaste, Tylenol, Motrin, Mylanta, and 2 Carefree packages for only $7.77! I earned $9.77 Extra Care Bucks (ECB) which are money you can use at their store so that mean they paid me $2 for all that stuff!
We went grocery shopping on Sunday and Hieu wanted to make spaghetti so we saved $2.30 on the sauce that he wanted to use.
On Wednesday I read about a good deal at Target and I discover that I have those coupons so I head to Target for lunch. I got a jumbo package of Pampers Feel and Learn and a pack of Kandoo wipes for $1.54! I am saving it for when Ky-An is getting toilet trained later. I just wish I have more of these coupons to get more of them!
I went on a bargain hunting trip on Thursday and found some Gerber Graduates food on clearance at CVS that won't expire until 2009. I got it for free after coupons.
Then I went to Krogers and got some Johnson & Johnson bath bars for free since those coupons are expiring this month. Those bars are regular price for 99 cents and the coupon was for $1 off. I got 5 of them!
I went to Target after that and got some swimming diapers and a 210-ct wipe for $5.26
I stopped by another CVS to see if they have those Colgates that were on sale for free after the Extra Care Bucks but didn't find any. I saw a sign forWisk detergent for $4.49 - $2 ECB so it's only $2.49! That's a great deal so I grabbed one and head to the register. When the manager rang it up, I didn't see the $2 ECB so I asked him about it. I told him I saw a sign that advertise it. He asked me to show him so I did and he said that the promotion is old and took down the sign. We head back to the register and he gave me $2 cash for it. After I went to my car, I look at my receipt and notice the detergent was scanned for $6.49 and even with the $2 cash back, it's still more than I wanted to pay for it so I returned the detergent at another CVS on my way home. I didn't know how to explain the $2 cash I got back for it so she refund me the full $6.49 for it. I am not sure if that's being dishonest or not...I hope not because I just want to save money, not cheat. Anyways..for this complicated transaction I got $6.95 back for purchasing a Colgate, some Huggies wash cloths and Johnson & Johnson lotion on clearance.
I went to Randall's and used some coupons there too. Got Popsicles for 34 cents, even though the melted when I stopped at another CVS on my way home. I got 2 bottles of French spicy mustard for 25 cents and 2 boxes of pastas for 50 cents.
My last stop was at Babies R' Us to get Ky-An some diapers but I discovered they sold it way expensive and they don't even have Ky-An's size so back to Target I went. I got him a box of 120-count diapers for $25. Not the best price but at least it's cheaper than what I usually get for him and we needed it. I also collected a lot of coupons from those coupon machines in the stores that has blinking lights (they are call blinkies believe it or not).
Whew..too much shopping for me this week! I try to watch what I buy and not buy something we don't normally just because it's cheap. I saw some Schick razors on clearance and could buy it for $2 with my coupon but stopped myself because I realize I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on clearance. My rule is that if it's not free or under $1 then I won't buy it, unless we really need it. If we have a coupon for that necessity then it's even sweeter.
It's funny that I am here excited about saving a few buck but would plop down $165 for Ky-An's swim lessons and $20 for a newspaper subscription without batting an eye.
5 comments:
lol! Wow you saved a lot!! I love using coupons! yesterday I saved over $100 using coupons at the store!
Wow, I am exhausted just reading about it! Way to go!
You seem to be doing very well with the coupons and handling money wisely.... good for you!
Swim lessons are for Ky-An and it's an activity not going to waste... newspaper subscription, well we all need to know the news, right??? DH 'needs' his daily newspaper in the washroom .... KWIM... LoL!
Hi Chau! I was googling hotcouponworld and just wanted to congratulate you on such great savings! It sounds like you are off to a great start. If you need anything on hcw, let me know, I am a moderator and my id is 6months.
Wow! You are obsessed. Sounds like you got awesome deals!
Post a Comment