Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ky-An won't sleep!

Ky-An was such a bad napper this weekend, I am not sure what's wrong. He nap for only about 30 minutes each time on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday while we were out grocery shopping, I figure maybe he's doesn't need 2 naps that's why he's not sleeping much so we let him skip his morning one. We went to all these stores while I shopped and bargain-hunt. Went to eat Pho for lunch and got him home at about 1p.m. Well I tried for 2 hours until 3 p.m. but he refused to sleep! He just got more and more wired and can't settle down. I finally gave up and took him out of the room. Hieu took him for an hour walk but it didn't help either. He just won't settle down to sleep.

You'd think he'll be tired by the evening so I did his bedtime routine a little bit early so he can get some rest. I was in the bedroom with him for another 2 hours and he just won't sleep. I had to get out to prepare the steaks to cook since my parents are coming over for a late Father's Day celebration and to also celebrate my sister's birthday. Hieu took him for a drive and he finally fell asleep after 40 minutes drive! Hieu said he has to drive to Rosenberg, which is a city right next to us. He finally slept as I was preparing dinner and spent some time with my mom, dad, and aunt. However, he kept crying throughout the night and woke up at 4:30 the next morning!

I hope he's getting some rest at the babysitter. I am going to ask her what her how she gets him to sleep today. Maybe the inconsistency is what's causing him to not sleep. I'll have to work out with her a plan to be consistent with him during naptimes.

As Ky-An is getting more comfortable with his swimming lessons, I let Hieu took over this past weekend and be in the water with him while I sat at the poolside. Poor guy keep looking at me and whined. I guess daddy is not doing it right yet. I am sure he'll be used to Hieu soon enough and as I get bigger, I have to get him to be less dependent on him. He's so sweet though..poor guy. :(

3 comments:

asiangard said...

Oh no! I hate it when they won't sleep! He must be going through something, maybe getting sick or some milestone.
I hope he starts sleeping for you soon!

Elizabeth said...

Maybe he has separation anxiety? Jayden has periods like that where he resists naps and bedtime or wakes up at odd hours and runs to our bed. It's like he can't wait to be around us again. I hope he settles down soon though. It's no fun when they are tired and cranky.

Grace said...

Poor you! I do hope he starts to sleep better for you... you need the rest!