Ky-An got a stuffy nose and a fever. We don't think that he caught anything from anyone and his canines are poking through so we think that might be the cause. It's so sad to see him suffer though because he'll stir throughout the night to get to a position where he can breathe. When he can't, he'll sit up with his eyes half-closed and look at me like "help mom, I don't know what to do." The sad thing is I can only wish there is something I can do for him. I stayed up most of the night listening to him breathe, put saline drops in his noses, and even try putting him on my lap sitting up and sleep but nothing work. Every breath is so labored and so hard for him. If our glider is here than that would be so helpful right now. Both of us can fall alseep on it. I just hate it when he's not well.
As I lay there hugging his little body listening to him struggling to breathe through his mouth, my thoughts when to the moms who have to do this everyday of their life. Those are such amazing women and my heart break thinking of the children who has to suffer much worst than what Ky-An is going through everyday.
I just hope Ky-An gets better because I just can't stand seeing him not feeling well. It's torturous to me and I wish I can take it all from him. It's worst that I can't hold him much during the day when he's not feeling well. I am getting tired more quickly now as I go into my 6th month of pregnancy. I guess it's a good thing that he prefers daddy right now.
We had the babysitter did the alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours today but it still didn't help his fever. I am going to have to call the doctor and make an appointment tomorrow. Poor guy is so stuffed up he can't even drink much milk today and you can tell he really wants it. He would take a few sips then pause to breathe really hard. Then he doesn't want anymore because it takes too much effort for him to try and breathe while drinking. He only slept for 1.5 hours today and was really tired by the time he got home. Of course he didn't want to go to sleep and keep crying. I can tell that he's exhausted because he'll sit leaning next to me and his eyes closed but keep on crying. Finally I just put him down and put on his Flutterbye. Well I wished that I knew that's what he needed because as soon as his head hit the pillow, he fell asleep. I just lay there for a while hugging him and stroking his head. My poor little guy. I hate it when he's sick but it's such a good reminder for me each time his is to not take him for granted. I will never understand how those moms can take their kids' life away from them. (There's a lot of those stories on the news lately.) I am looking at him and just know I would easily give up my life to protect him.
5 comments:
Poor little guy! I remember how much Kai-Li struggled with her teeth!
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you use an aspirator? Try that and I also use a humidifier with the Kaz inhalant. And they have baby wash with the same thing that helps open the nasal passages. I have a pillow that looks like a wedge that I use for Jayden to help prop him up to sleep. It really helps. I hope he gets better soon.
ohhh poor Ky-an!!!! I hate it when the little ones are sick... especially when they're all stuffed up and don't know how to blow their nose. I hope he gets well really soon!!!!
Ahhh - Poor Ky-An!! I hope he gets better soon. I swear, I feel like I am constantly a nurse this year looking after my boys.... does it ever end???
Has his fever gone down??
Oh, sweetie. *hugs* I hope Ky-An feels better soon. It ptobably is the teething. Not fun.
Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. As you can tell from readng my blog, things are pretty hectic here.
Post a Comment