Well I worried for nothing because he was a joy to be with at home and is such a good little boy for mommy. I teach him to feed himself for lunch and dinner because he loves doing it and I also got him to go down for naps with little crying. What I did was give him his blanket when I see that he was tired and he'll start trying to rest his head on it, snuggle his face up to it, and then lay down on top. Once I see that he's getting tired, I move him to the bedroom and he goes to sleep in about 10 minutes. Pretty easy and virtually no fuss!!! I am so proud of him.
The only bad habit he still has a a bottle after dinner and before his bath. I managed to move that bottle to before bathtime so we can brush his teeth and he go to sleep with the bottle. I still would like to cut that last bottle out though but he's really resisting. He barely finish 2 bottles of milk during the day when we give it to him in sippy cups only and I worry he won't get enough milk if I take the evening one away also. My pediatrician told me he has to get at least 21 oz of milk per day. As soon as I hand him the sippy, he'll push it away refusing to drink it. If it's during the day then I can just leave the sippy out and he'll eventually drink it when he can't stand it anymore. I can't wait around in the evening because that would push back his sleep time and I am afraid he won't be able to settle down to go to sleep. I just tried giving him the sippy this evening and had no luck at all. I would like to have his sleep routine down WITHOUT the bottle before his little sister comes!
Feeding myself!

Not sure if it's going to fit...

Sluuurp!!!

Want some dad?

What do you mean I can wave speghetti around???!

Look real tears! Now let me have my way!

30 seconds later..okay I get no attention from them at all. Tantrum so wasted!!

So happy making a mess
2 comments:
Wow, you are brave to feed him spaghetti! I am still scared to feed it to Kai-Li because I know wow messy she will get it!
Don't feel bad either, Kai-Li is still not ready to give up her "bubba" that is what she calls her bottle! And she didn't even get one until she was one years old!
Those are some great shots!!! Ky-An likes mushrooms??? Good boy!!! He obviously LOVED the spaghetti... look at his plate!!
Post a Comment