Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bad milk???!!!

Hieu found out today that Ky-An has been drinking expired milk!!! He came to pick Ky-An up and our babysitter informed him he didn't want to drink much milk today and that the milk look a little funny. She said it's runnier than normal so Hieu went to take a look at it and the sell by date was expired several days ago. He told her she can't give him these expired milk and she said her husband or children usually check it for her. Granted this time it may not be so bad because it's the "sell by" date and not the "used by" date but I am still upset. I suspect that the last time he had diahrrea was because of these bad milk also. No wonder whenever he sees the sippy cup he started whining! My poor little helpless guy. All this time I thought he whined because he doesn't want to drink his milk and go to sleep.


Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones and I am overreacting, I don't know. It just makes me question how competent she really is and makes me question what else she's oblvious to. Is he eating what he's suppose to over at her house or play with toys that are not safe for him? Is she keeping an eye on him all the time to make sure he doesn't get into trouble? Would she honestly tell me if he does? He comes home with little bruises and mosquito bites on his legs and I felt so bad for him. I know he runs around and play with the other kids and that's just part of being a toddler but it still pains me to realize I can't control his environment. I know this can be an honest mistake because we've accidentally give him bad milk before also but there's several other incidents before that makes me question her, such as the gun incident and the ant bites. I know she and her family loves Ky-An to death and would never do anything to deliberately harm him. However, can I live with the accidental possibilities? And can I find anyone that can take care of him flawlessly? Even if my parents can watch him, I am not sure if they can do a better job. They are impatient with children and may spank him or something. That is something I know my babysitter won't do because she loves him too much. Not that I mind her disciplining him if he's bad, I just don't like the way my parents hit out of anger sometimes.


I am reconsidering hiring a nanny to come to our house when Ai-Vy comes . I just want to be able to be sure they are in a safe environment that I can provide for them. Of course the big question still is, will the love my kids as much as my babysitter and her family? That's a really rare thing and it's priceless. Even if I provide my kids with a great environment, if the person watching them is not nurturing or loving then it's pointless. Can I get the best of both worlds? Even if I stay home, I don't know if I can be the flawless, nurturing caretaker I am looking for. I know there will be times that I will lose my patience with the kids and that's something unacceptable for my babysitter. Am I just expecting too much? Ugh..I just hope there are no more incidents that make me question her. It's really hard to find someone you can completely trust with your kids.

3 comments:

peiszong said...

Luckily you discover before he has another diarrhea, has to be extra careful next time.

I think she will learn from this if she really loves Ky-An. The most important thing is she loves Ky-An.

Don't over-reacted with little bruises and mosquito bites. At my place, we heard story that babysister gave coughing medicine to children so that they are less active and sleep more.

Observe more before you decide.

Grace said...

I hear stories about daycare and stuff & I honestly do hope it's nothing too serious for you! Don't make any rash decisions until you are certain....

I do hope you can work something out with and find someone you can trust!

Elizabeth said...

unfortunately no one watches our kids the way we do and like you said even we make mistakes. as they get older they come home with more bumps, scrapes and bites and even worse sometimes they are unexplained. where do we draw the line? i dont know. my sis and i just had this conversation and the only conclusion we arrived at was that eventually we hav to let go. i hope this helped you cause i'm still where i started. still trying to hold on...