I had a great day today. I first went with Ky-An to his school for Mom and Muffin Breakfast. He was so happy that I sat down and ate with him. The teachers were so sweet as they wrapped up a table for us moms and decorated it. They also helped the kids decorated a flower pot with the words “MOM” coming out of it. Each kid also did a hand imprint on tile that they wrapped up and tie with a ribbon to present to us. As the teachers gave us our presents and the moms wish each other Happy Mother’s Day, Ky-An looked up at me and give me his biggest most innocent smile and said “Happy Mother’s Day”. As he said that, he leaned in for a hug and give me a kiss. This was unprompted and so very sweet that it kept me smiling all day. Hieu has given me expensive presents on Mother’s Day before but this is just incomparable. It’s the most priceless present I received and I am so glad I took a mental picture of it to replay in my head. 
I took half a day today to pamper myself. I am in desperate need of it and figure I deserve it. :P I got a pedicure, did some shopping to get work clothes as well as some clothes for the kids (how can I forget them). After shopping I went to get a much needed haircut at visible change. Here’s my new haircut:
I then treat myself to a bucket of crawfish at Rajun Cajun and called it a day. I am surprise at myself for blowing over $250 in one day! It’s such a rare occasion to not worry about coupons for once and just splurge. Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful for my couponing hobby and this is proof of how it pays off. I save my money on grocery and beauty items so I can spend them somewhere else that’s more fun.
Hieu came home after picking up the kids and they each were holding 1 dozen of red rose for me!! So sweet. Hieu arranged them in this vase for me since I have no artistic bone in my body!
Hieu then present me with this wonderful video and I had both kids on my lap as I watched it. It made me tear up and if I weren’t holding them at the time, I would’ve start bawling. It’s so sad to see how fast my babies are grown and how bless I am to have them in my life. I did think of Lan Vy as i was watching the video with the kids on my lap. I know she brought her two wonderful siblings to me but I still wish she’s here with me.
I love you my babies. Be healthy, be smart, be thoughtful, and above all..be happy.
2 comments:
So, So Sweet. You are a wonderful mother to those cuties. Happy Mother's Day!
Aww looks like you had a wonderful mothers day. Happy Mothers Day..
Post a Comment