Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week of Deals - 7/29 - 8/4

There are so many good deals this week and I am exhausted!!!! While I was at Walgreen's they tried to get me to switch my prescriptions to their store and gave me a $20 voucher check for it. My CVS is across the street and I am loyal to them so when I went over there, there's a big sign at their pharmarcy that said "No need to switch your prescription, we take all competitor's coupons." A light went off and I gave them the Walgreens voucher and got $20 in CVS gift card. I used it to print out 134 pictures and still have about $2 left. $2 can get you a lot of stuff at CVS!

I found out that Walgreens has a deal where you buy $20 of Proctor and Gamble product and get $10 back. However, there was a glitch on Sunday and Monday so you actually get $16 back when you buy $20. I had a bunch of B1G1F coupons that were expiring at the end of July so I did 7 trips to keep rolling the money I earned back. I tell you it was crazy. Here's a list of what I got (you are welcome to skip over it if it doesn't interest you):

Trip 1 - 2 Gillette Venus disposables, 2 Infusiums shampooo & conditioner for $7.57 and got $16 back.

Trip 2/Trans #1 - 2 Lamisil cream, 1 Benefiber, and 1 candy bar to cover the coupon items for $3.69 and got $10 back.

Trip 2/Trans #2 - 4 Gillette Venus disposables, 1 desktop airplane for Ky-An, & 1 newspaper for more coupons for $.97 and got $16 back.

Trip 3/Trans #1 - 3 Maloox, 2 Gas-X, and 1 newspaper for $1 and got $12 back.
Trip 3/Trans #2 - 4 Gillette Venus disposables, 1 hopping ball for Ky-An and he loves it, & 2 candy bars for $.28 and got $16 back.

Trip 4/Trans #1 - 2 Infusium shampoo & conditioner, 1 razor, 1 Satin Care shaving gel for $.31 and got $16 back.
Trip 4/Trans #2 - same as above

Trip 5/Trans #1 - 2 Infusium shampoo & conditioner, 2 Herbal Essence Shampoo & conditioner, 1 Crest toothpaste, and 2 Huggies wipes for $.66 and got $10. (The glitch is fixed by now so only $10 back instead of the $16).

This next one is my last transactions and I was so mad that I screwed up. I forgot to check my shopping list again before checking out and my total wasn't $20 so I only got $4 back. Turned out I forgot a $2 toothpaste!!! I was so upset at myself..oh well.

Trip 5/Trans #2 - 2 Duracel batteries, razor, 1 Satin Care shaving gel, and a box of envelope for $.56 and got $4 back. There is also a $6 rebate from Walgreens for the batteries. The poor old Asian lady was trying to comfort me by saying "It's still a good deal" when she saw that I was upset I only got $4 back. Doesn't she understand that's not a good enough deal??!!!! LOL. During all this I forgot to get my change back from her and didn't realize it until that evening. I called the store and speak to the manager. She did a cash receipt on her register and it was over by the exact amount I need back. I was lucky so I went back and got my money. Whew, now I have a box full of razors and a shelf full of shampoo.

I used all those other extra money I got back at Walgreens for some clearance stuff I found. I got 4 Oil of Olay Body quench and lotions for $2 OOP. I also got 3 Huggies CleanTeam shampoo, 2 boxes of Gerber milk bags, 2 box of trash bags, and a newspaper for $1.46. I also got 1 set of tumblers and a 1 rubber duck for Ky-An, and 1 gel for Hieu because he ran out.

That was Walgreens, now at CVS I got 2 Infusium shampoo & conditioner and 4 Febreeze for NOTHING and earned $8 ECB. I also got 2 Speed Stick deodorants, 1 Irish Spring bath bars, 3 Olay Ribbon bodywash, 2 Olay washcloth cleanser for Hoa, and 1 Swifter carpetflick starter set for $1.14 and earned $22 ECB.

THEN I found out CVS will give you $10 ECB for buying the OneTouch Ultramini they have for $19.99. There is $20 off coupon for this making it free and you earned $10 ECB! I went immediately on ebay to find the coupons and purchased 10 for $5. The limit is 5 per card and I already had 2 coupons on my own so I traded the extra 2 for diaper coupons. It was such a hot deal that it was hard to find in-stock! Luckily I was on the other side of town because I had to go to the Gyno specialist so I hit 3 CVS stores around there and found all 10 of them. Now I have $50 ECB to spend on each of my CVS card while paying nothing!! Diapers will be free for a bit!!!

That was just one of the great monthly deals CVS have for August. I also bought 5 boxes of Kotex pads paying $.50 on one card and $1.50 on the other. I earned $5 ECB on each card for that. They also had Aquafresh Advance as part of their monthly deal and I had some B1G1F coupons that are expiring so a-hunting-I-must go. I got 5 Aquafresh on 1 card, 1 Irish Spring bars, 1 Speed Stick deodorant, and a pack of gum for $2.64 and earn $10.97ECB. Smart me didn't read that the limit on the Aquafresh ECB is 3, not 5 but there is a $2.99 rebate for them. For the other card I also got 5 Aquafresh, 1 Motrin for Ky-An because he was out, and 2 packs of gum for $.35.

Whewww..that's a lot of stuff this week. I need a rest, LOL.

3 comments:

asiangard said...

I wish I would have known about that deal! I don't know if my wal-greens doubles coupons though!

Elizabeth said...

I don't know how you do it. I read HCW everyday and still can't manage more than CVS deals. And even still, every week I mess up my CVS deal by some fault of my own, usually because I'm rushing. I can't understand Walgreens deals to save my life. Good for you!

Grace said...

For me to save money is to head to Wal-Mart. A lot of people here in Canada don't support Wal-Mart due to it being American, but I'm the opposite... I support them because the prices are so much cheaper!!! Seriously from food, toys, clothing, to toiletries etc....