Saturday, August 18, 2007

One more month to go!

Ky-An has been getting clingier lately. I think he can sense that his baby sister is coming. Our babysitter is watching a new baby now and she said he gets really jealous. He would cry whenever she holds the baby and wants someone to hold her. The other morning I put a doll in the sling to test it out and he started crying wanting me to hold him. He then tried to poke the doll's eyes...not good. He's usually very good at sharing so I am hoping this just take some adjustment. Whenever he goes to church, Hieu brings along a little container of toys for Ky-An and our baby would pass his toys around to all the other little kids there so they can play together. I thought he's just good at sharing because he's still young but my sister said Ethan never shared even when he was young. Nowadays if he ask her to hold something for him, he goes.."don't eat it okay? It's mine. Take only a small bite mom!" hehe...wonder where they get that from. I think it's funny but I guess it's not that funny when he's older.

He's also getting clingier to me. This morning Hieu tried to hold him to take him outside but he cried and slid back next to me and we laid their cuddling for a while. It's very sweet. After his morning nap, he won't let Hieu hold him but only wants me. If Hieu hold him, he would wiggle off until he's free then walk over to me and try to climb on my lap. Funny boy. I have this big bump so I can't be that comfortable!

Ai-Vy has also been wiggling a lot and sometimes it hurts when she moves because she's almost 4 pounds now. Especially when she moves around my belly button area, I think the skin there is thinner because it kind of hurt every time. I also have insomnia at night and can't sleep until 12 or 1 a.m. I am wide awake at about 11 and can't go to sleep! I also wake up with hip pains and back pains every morning but it's still tolerable. With Ky-An and Lan-Vy, I am miserable by this time and can't wait until the delivery date. This time I actually don't want the time to come too quickly because I don't feel ready. I still haven't pack our bags and Ky-An's bag for the hospital stay.

Now we have this Hurricane Dean to worry about so I have to pack and prepare for that first. I really hope it doesn't come our way because I just can't evacuate at this stage of my pregnancy this year. Last time for Rita, it took us 10 hours to drive to Dallas when it normally took 3. However, with Ky-An we may have to go anyway if the storm is heading this way. I really don't know what's worst though, stay here and brave the storm or pack up your family to evacuate with 3 million other people, sitting in traffic, and risk running out of water and gas.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah yes, I'm very familiar with this clingliness you describe. Jayden is the same, but now he's even clingy with Maya. Many times, I catch him layig on top of her. I know he must be crushing her, but Maya just smiles and laughs.

asiangard said...

Don't worry, it may be a bit hard at first, but he will adjust, and pretty soon he won't even remember what it was like before he had a sister!

Grace said...

Whoo hoo - I'm so excited for you! Ky-An is going to be a big brother soon... he'll keep his baby sister busy, he won't have time to cling onto mommy!

BTW: You look awesome preggo - I had to look back at that photo with you and Ky-An (bubble mower)...