Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ky-An quit swimming class

We have decided to let Ky-An quit his swimming class temporarily and come back to it when he's a little older. This morning when we told him he'll go to swimming class today, he started crying right away. Then the entire time on his way to school, he'll forget about it temporarily and then whimpers again whenever he remembers. It really break our hearts. I called the school to let them know why he's upset and to please give me a call if he gets upset again. I would hate for him to be upset the entire day over swimming class. Look how sad he is when Hieu dropped him off at school.

We were torn over the decision to push the importance of this skill but also not turn him off to it. We always try to listen to our children, no matter how young they are. They always have something important to say.

I am still committed to having him know how to swim because I think it's a lifesaving skill and because we have a pool in the backyard.

No comments: