Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Ai-Vy!!!

Dear Ai-Vy,

I am such a bad mommy that I forgot to say "Happy Birthday" on your birth date. I didn't forget the day that you were born, I just lost track of what day it is because of Hurricane Ike, getting ready for our camping trip, and planning your big party. By the time I look at the date, your birthday had passed. I am really sorry sweetie.

I still remember the day I found out about you vividly in my mind. You came as a surprise to everyone and I was shock at first but I knew I couldn't wait to meet you. I learned so much about your personality as your grow inside of me. I was taking care of your big brother so I couldn't be as cautious in my first trimester with you as I was with him. I was more active and at times felt like I do stuff I shouldn't be. However, you are such a resilient little girl that you pull through with no problem at all. I knew then you will be a fighter and strong-willed. Your pregnancy was such a breeze that sometimes I even forgot I was pregnant. I knew then you are an independent woman who doesn't need me for much. You are happy and comforted when I am on the run and I knew you would be a curious and active little girl. Whenever you hear your big brother's voice, you would kick like crazy and I just knew how much adore him. I was nauseous whenever I eat certain food that I used to like while being pregnant with you. I can't eat seafood but love vegetables and fruits. I knew then you'll be a vegetable lover like your mom and a very picky eater.

You are a joy to have and you've enriched our life everyday. I love to see your smiling face and how you cling to me whenever you see me. Whenever I come home from work exhausted, just seeing yours and your brother's grinning face running up to me just wipe away all the tiredness. I also worry whenever you are quiet or when I see a mischevious look on your face. You are a fearless little girl and that's good in a lot of aspect but I worry about the others. I am not looking forward to the day when you get hurt for being such a daredevil. Have some fear okay? Fear is good and it keeps you safe. You are already so smart and advance so quickly that I feel I don't get to fully enjoy each of your baby stage. One year has already passed and I feel I've just been chasing after the time and I am losing.

Don't grow up too fast little baby.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! God bless you! You are lucky to have your mommy and she is lucky to have you too!