We decide to go ahead with our anual camping trip the weekend after Hurricane Ike. Even though everyone has had enough "roughing it" with the power outage, we braved the trip because we've already put the deposit down and plus my oldest sister from Dallas was looking forward to it. We also thought it will be nice to get away from all the chaos of supply limitation and the around-the-clock coverage of the storm. We hoped that when we get back then things will be somewhat normal.
We didn't have as much fun this trip as last time. I was exhausted from the week's event and staying up worrying about the kids so I was tired the entire trip. The kids and I got the only room with the king size bed because we have the most difficult and the youngest kids. It would've been a great solution but the room reeked of urine. I know it's a cabin and it doens't have all the amenities of a hotel room but I didn't expect the strong urine smell. I am not sure if someone urinate in that room before us or if it's the bathroom next door where you are not allowed to throw toilet paper into the toilet. (Do you know how gross that is?) I brought the noise-maker but the bed creaks very bad so everytime I make a move, it creaks loudly.
Ky-An had so much fun throwing rocks into the river, swimming, and enjoying his first campfires. The campfire is not as much fun as the other ones because instead of a fire ring where everyone can sit around, it looks like a fireplace. I was highly disappointed. I missed the first campfire because Ai-Vy was overtired form missing her daytime nap and took a long time to fall asleep.
We were all suppose to stay until Monday but my parents and 2 of my sisters left on Sunday. I guess they had enough..LOL. We stayed back with my oldest sister from Dallas and the whole cabin compound is literally a ghost town. It was eerily quiet. Everyone went mini-golfing for the day while I put Ai-Vy down for nap so she can catch up on some sleep.
Overall we had fun but I was just so tired from the Ike events that I couldn't wait to be home. It was a 4 hour roadtrip and the kids did okay. They didn't sleep as long in the car as I had hoped and we end up facing Ai-Vy to the front (much sooner than we want) for the roadtrip. She's always wanting to do things much quicker than Ky-An anyway...
1 comment:
I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you'd hope, but happy that you always have such a great outlook on things. Maya is just like Ai-Vy in that she does things so much faster than Jayden did. LOL
Post a Comment