Sunday, June 22, 2008

June Deals and couponing

I've got a good stockpile of things so I am a bit lazy to go out to the stores this month unless it's a really good deal.

CVS:
  • Oral-B Crossaction two-pack toothbrush for $5.99 and get $5.99 back. Last month there was a lot of the toothbrush left that was free so I wasn't in a hurry to get this deal. There was a bunch at the stores around my work so I thought it'll still be there, no worries. My sister told me how she really liked the deal and how everyone is looking for these toothbrushes, that's when it dawned on me that it may be a good deal after all. Well I went to the stores and they are all out. I even went to work late one day to go to a store about 10 minutes from my work and even they are out! These used to be my secret stores and they have everything in stock because not everyone did the deals around here. It seem after the local lady did a segment on HotCouponWorld and couponing, there's a lot more competition for me.

  • Brut deodorant for $3.99 - $1 mnf q = $2.99 and get $3 back

  • Listerine Smart $3.99 - $1 mnf q = $2.99 and get $3.99 back


  • CVS band-aids $1.99 and get $1.99 back


  • Chex mix $1 - $1 mnf q = FREE!


  • 2 Garnier Fructis scrubs:
    $5.99 * 2 = $11.98
    - $2 mnf coupon = $9.98 and get $10 back!


  • 2 Oral-B Advantage Power toothbrush: 11.98 - $5.99 (B1G1 coupon) = $5.99 and get $6 back. I have a drawer full of toothbrushes now!

  • Colgate toothpaste: $2.99 - $1.50 mnf q = $1.49 and get $2 back. (Like I need more toothpaste! I didn't even max out the deal if you can believe it.)


  • Dove shampoo/conditioner:
    $4.29 * 2 = $8.58
    - B1G1F store sale = $4.29
    - $1.50 * 2 mnf coupon = $1.29 for 2 bottles! Of course I used a $4/$20 so it was an even bigger savings!

  • Buy $20 of Charmin, Duracell, and Bounty and get $10 back. I combined this with $4 off $20 coupons and manfufacturer's coupons and pay only about $7 for every 4 packs of toilet paper and $8 for 3 packs of towel paper. Of course I used my Extra Bucks and gift cards to pay for these so I don't pay anything out -of-pocket.

  • 3 Soy Joys $3 - $1 (B2G1F) = $2 and get $3 back.

  • Chex Mix was on sale for $1 and there was a $1 printable coupon so FREE! I got some of the chocolate mix and my little sister loves it.

Walgreens

  • Band-Aids $1- 1 mnf q = FREE. I am running out of place to put these free Band-Aids! The small emergency packs are also $.99 so I got those.

  • Fusion aftershave gel was on clearance for $1.49 and I have $1.50 mnf coupons making them FREE! The cosmetic girl gave me a great hint that these work really well to prevent razor burns. I tried them and they work wonderfully!
  • Planters Trail Mix are on sale for $.99. If you buy 6 bags then there's a $3 Register Reward. I found out about the deal a little late so I only managed to get 6 bags.

  • 10 Gillette Satin Care shaving cream on sale for $2.
    $2 * 10 = $20
    - $10 EasySaver coupon = $10
    - $10 mnf coupon and get $4 Registered Rewards


    This one Walgreens store near my house is so irritating. I went there on the LAST day of the sale trying to purchse the 10 cans of Satin Care. The manager won't let me because he wants to "save it for other customers". I told him there's still 2 cans on the shelf and it's the last day of the sale. He still said no and after a while said I can buy 6. I said forget it and left his precious shaving creams. I just don't understand it, why would you stop someone from buying merchandise at your store?


Kroger:


Kroger has an incentive if you buy their gift cards. If you purchase a $300 gift card then you will get a $330 one. It's an awesome deal so I took full advantage of it. Hieu is using it to buy gas on top of their cheaper price.

  • No nonsense socks was on sale for $1 - 1 mnf q = FREE

  • Dial handwash $1 - 1 mnf q - FREE


  • Oral-B floss $1 - 1 mnf q - FREE


    Kroger started an eSaver program that you can load coupons on your Kroger card. The exciting thing is that you can use paper coupons on top of these.


  • 2 Head & Shoulders:
    2 * 4 = $8
    - $4 (B1G1F eSaver coupon)
    - $4 (B1G1F insert coupon) = FREE


  • 2 Herbal Essence:
    2 * $3.19 = $6.38
    - $3.19 (B1G1F eSaver coupon) = $3.19
    - $2 * 2 = -$0.81

  • Wisk was on sale for $3.50
    - $1.50 eSaver coupon
    - $1.50 mnf coupn = $.50 for laundry detergent!

Target: While these $5/5 items at Target are nice, they are a pain to use and I am starting t hate Target. When the coupon first came out, it beeped at everything so of course the cashiers are freaking out and the managers come over to give me their "expert" opinion on why it doesn't work. I got everything from I bought the wrong items to that I had to buy to the fact that I had to buy 5 different items that's listed in the coupon. I knew they were wrong but I didn't want to waste my time arguing. One time I told them I don't want the items because of their "expert" opinion, the manager told the cashier "put them back. She only bought them because of the coupons" in a ver snotty voice. Well duh, why would I buy them if it weren't for the coupon that their very own store put out. I am really sick of Target and their untrained staff on the use of their own coupons.

  • 5 Band-Aids:
    $1.97 * 5 = $9.85
    -$0.50 * 5 mnf q = $2.50
    - $5/5 items Target coupon = $2.35

  • 5 Benadryl topical sticks:
    $2.09 * 5 = $10.45
    - $5 mnf q = $5.45
    - $5/5 items Target coupon = $.45

Wal-Mart:

  • They have the Lysol wipes in a B1G1 package for $2.64. I used a $1 mnf coupon on it and got 2 containers for $1.64. That's $0.82 for each. I heard the ladies said it was a good deal on the forum so I got them..hehe.

No comments: