Ky-An told us one day after bath that he doesn’t want to wear a diaper to bed because “I am a big boy and diapers are for babies.” I didn’t think he’s ready but he was so excited so I let him try. We had him go to the potty before bed then Hieu and I stayed up until midnight to take him to to go potty again. The result..wet bed on the first night. The second night..another wet bed.
We travelled to Arkansas but wanted to keep his momentum going so we kept trying. The result: 2 more nights of bedwetting. Because he won’t go when we take him at midnight, he usually would wet the bed around 3-4 a.m. There’s no way we could stay up until midnight to take him to the restroom and wake up again at 3 or 4 to take him. There’s also no guarantee that he would even go if we wake up to take him because he’s such a deep sleeper that he won’t wake up enough to go and keep falling asleep on the potty.
We gave up and put him back in his pull-ups. We’ll try again in a few months to see if it’s better.
2 comments:
Maybe try less fluids before bedtime. Hey... at least he felt confident enough to want to try =)
Yeah I've been trying to limit that so I gave him the choice last night. If he wants milk right before bed then he has to wear a diaper. He opted for the diaper..hahah.
Post a Comment