Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ky-An's Birthday party

I managed to scrape together a birthday party for Ky-An. It was a week late but luckily he doesn't know about dates yet. We had a little cake and sang Happy Birthday to him and he gets so excited. He gets upset when we took off the candle to try and cut the cake for him. He tries to stick the candle back on and keep saying "Hapby Bith-day!" Hapby Bith-day!". He said that all week long until his birthday party.

I was so busy at work, it's a miracle that even book a place in time for his party. I sent out the invitations so late that most of my friends already had plans. Some people I couldn't even mail out invites to because it's would've arrive so late that I just end up calling them to invite. I set the party at 5:30p.m. on Saturday because it's the perfect time right after Ky-An's nap and before his bedtime. The Little Gym I had the party at is also a bit far for many people. Ky-An was so excited as soon as we got there. He wanted to get into the gym right away but we had to wait for some of his guest to arrive. The party started out so sad because it was just him and one other boy. I was so worry that no one else would show up but everyone did later on and he had so much fun. He was especially excited when the instructor walk around blowing bubbles. He love it so much that he ran out of the back room while everyone is eating and stood at the door to the gym wanting to go back in. The party was only for 1 hour and 30 minutes but I think it was all I can take right now. I was utterly exhausted by 7:00 p.m. and just don't think I am capable of a house party right now.

Poor Ai-Vy was so tired that she just fell asleep while my sister's boyfriend held her. She was also the belle of the ball because everyone loved to hold her.

We didn't have time to open presents so he gets to do it the next morning. Every present he opened he goes "Ooohhh" and "cool!'. He's talking up a storm and it's so cute listening to him.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Well, it looks like you did a great job, he enjoyed it and everyone was happy. That's all that matters! Good job.